TH preload systemCatalogue
minimum guaranteed preload 75% of bolt yield stress
TSF has designed, developed and patented the TH preload system with the following objectives:
- Provide bolted joints with high requirements in preload.
- Provide bolted joints with high requirements in preload and untightening resistance.
- Provide bolted joints with low requirements in preload and high untightening resistance.
- Provide control of stress applied to bolted joints with soft components keeping high preload on bolt.
- Self-locking result.
- Maintenance costs are drastically reduced.
- Reduced number of fastening elements with respect to torque control (25-35% less).
- It is suitable for use with standard pulling equipment.
- Multiple reuse of the element.
- Low dispersion (less than 5%).
- High stability of the preload.
- Low load distribution factor for the fastening element. Lowers the fatigue range.
- Inflexible to bending moments.
- Simultaneous assembly of fastening elements. Elimination of elastic interaction of close elements.
- Benefits of elongation, without the disadvantages of friction.
- Same protocol for all sizes.
- It can be designed as standard parts or according to different designs adapted to any specific application from M12 up to M150.
- Every specific union would be object of its own engineering analysis according to each customer application.
- Certified by Lloyds Register.